Saturday, February 17, 2007

Green Republican: Nutrition and Sunburns

Green Republican: Nutrition and Sunburns

I finally found it! Back in 2006, I posted about sunscreen, nutrition and sunburns and couldn't find my source. This isn't the original article I read, but it's very similar. Mercola is saying if your body is high in certain vitamins, and with NORMAL sun exposure, you won't burn. Those certain vitamins can be supplemented or obtained from a whole foods, healthy, natural diet. But during the summer, if your diet isn't perfect, definitely supplement. However... it is BETTER to get your vitamin D naturally from the sun than from an oral source.

I'm not a huge fan of supplements because I think most of what we need can be obtained from a proper diet.

Anyway, sunscreens are loaded with nasty ingredients so going sunscreen free is a much better choice if possible. :) GET OUTSIDE!

Mercola has quite a few articles on this topic, but here is the newest one. Even funnier, he recommends tanning beds during the winter months for people who don't get enough sun exposure!!! That comment surprised me... But of course, he's VERY specific on the type of bed.

Mercola: The Sunshine Vitamin Repairs Your Skin and Boosts your Immune System

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails