Sunday, August 13, 2006

Nutrition and Sunburns

A while back I read an article online about eating whole, natural foods and its skin protecting factors. It was such a great article because it made so much sense. It wasn’t saying to stand out in the sun for hours TRYING to get burned, but it was saying that you don’t need sunblock or sunscreen if you eat only whole foods - absolutely nothing processed. Something about the fact that these foods alone are powerful enough to naturally protect your skin from the sun.

I am just beating my head because I cannot find the article online. I’ve tried every Google search I can think of!

Regardless, I have been carefully testing this theory all summer and it IS WORKING. I’ve been out in the sun a lot this summer doing yard work, with the kids, etc. My little ones have NOT BURNED and I have only burned once. The one time I burned, I had drank a powdered hot cocoa right before going out for 2 hours. STUUUUUUUUUUUPID I know, but I paid for it. My back was so burned. But otherwise, I’ve been so conscious of what we eat before we go in the sun for extended periods of time.

So far no one I’ve mentioned this to believes me. I did find this article but it’s not the original one I read. It makes the same point, but then goes on to say to stay away from cows milk… Well ya… pasteurized cows milk probably, but raw milk shouldn’t cause any problems in the sun. Anyway, if anyone reading this can find a good article that discusses this topic, please comment below!

-Fer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails