Sunday, June 14, 2009

MSG - The Hidden Dangers

It's been over a year since I wrote here and I apologize for the delay. It's just amazing how busy life gets as your kids grow!!! :) A good friend of mine asked me a question on MSG the other day. I avoid it like the plague, but then it dawned on me that I'd never written about it much here. I've only mentioned avoiding it casually. MSG is an excitotoxin, which means it excites brain cells to the point it's toxic. It's basically fertilizer for cancer cells... And the things it does to a developing child's brain is just sickening.

Very scary stuff, but it's so hard to avoid since it's in EVERYTHING - chinese food, canned soups, powdered soups, microwavable meals, fast food restaurants, salad dressings, etc. And it's not just in everything, it's also DISGUISED behind many different names such as hydrolized protein, natural flavoring or smoke flavoring. It doesn't always just come out and say "monosodium glutamate" like it should.

I found a fabulous 4-part special on the dangers of MSG that I thought I'd post here. Part 2 is broken into 2a and 2b because it was the longest segment. Enjoy!









1 comment:

soma online said...

Thanks for taking time to write about MSG. It's really frightening to think of the scenario. That is why we need to counter its detrimental effects by living a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy foods, exercise, and avoid vices like smoking and drugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails