Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Scrappy Stockings

We have always had a mix of Christmas stockings. A couple of standard red and white fuzzy ones, some knit ones picked up at a drugstore that looked semi-handmade. I had one handmade several years ago, but unfortunately it didn't turn out the way I'd hoped.

I've become addicted to this wonderful website called Etsy.com where everything is handmade. I've met some of the nicest people from this website and the products have been fantastic. My latest purchase was a set of new Christmas stockings for the whole family. I chose this "envivronmentally friendly" seller because she uses scraps to make her products and the end result is an extremely unique item! Huge green thumbs up from me!

Spongetta (The Land of the Misfit Fabric) gets her materials from lots of different sources, such as a local seamstress who does alterations for bridal salons, discontinued upholstery samples from a furniture store, thrift stores, yard sales and rescues from the back of fabric stores. All of these materials would have been thrown out otherwise. I'm drooling over the patchwork pillows she has listed right now! :)

I received my stockings in the mail today and I am so pleased! I chose three out of her store and then had a fourth custom made for my oldest daughter who loves purple. They're a bit oversized, which is awesome for stuffing them full of goodies each year, fully lined and well-made so they should last for years to come.





Happy shopping!

3 comments:

carrie said...

Those are beautiful!

Brooke said...

I just discovered your blog. We sound like 2 peas in a pod. I thought I was about the only "green Republican" in the Puget Sound area. I also crave whole foods, not for political reasons but because they are yummy and better for me. And I homeschool (and use nearly all of the books that you have listed on your sidebar).

I hope you continue to post. Blogs like this are needed around here!

Green Republican said...

Thank you for the comments! I've heard we're also called "Crunchy Cons" in some circles. :) How neat that you homeschool too! :) Glad to have you as a reader! Love your blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails